Glendon Scott Crawford, 52, of Galway, planned to kill Muslims and anyone else whose political and social beliefs he disagreed with
- He planned to turn an industrial-grade X-ray machine into a remote-controlled death-ray gun which would be detonated in an area with lots of Muslims
- Everyone near the truck would receive a lethal dose of radiation and die within two weeks of the attack
- The FBI believe the plot would have worked if they had not foiled it first
- Crawford first aroused suspicion when in 2012 he approached staff at a Schenectady synagogue with a plan to 'help Jews get rid of their enemies'
- He also described Muslims as America's 'medical waste' in secret recordings
- Crawford was convicted of conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction in August and was sentenced to 30 years in jail on Monday
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4051718/New-York-mechanic-building-mobile-death-ray-gun-designed-blast-Muslims-lethal-dose-radiation-jailed-30-years.html#ixzz4TOW4JCOv Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook